1) Gotta get back in shape. I’ve really let that slide in the last year with everything (Jenn’s problematic pregnancy, Ian’s early birth, several deaths, etc) and I have to do something about it. Beyond just feeling better in general, we’ll be putting together a new tactical team later this summer and I have to be in shape if I want to make the rather small (10 to 15 officers) cut.
2) I’ve gotta start making more time to see friends and family. Several of the last few deaths in my circle of friends and family were younger people who passed way too soon. The worst part of their passing was that I could have seen them on a number of occasions before their deaths, but “life” got in the way. Way too many excuses popped up that were rationalized with “there’s always tomorrow.” Well, there isn’t always tomorrow. I explained it a little better here (http://cid-bae89762d49536d7.spaces.live.com/) and I don’t really want to write about that experience again this soon.
3) I’ve gotta get my focus back. I’ve been kind of distracted lately and not really thinking about where I’m actually at. Not really a problem most of the time, but not the best thing for a cop to be letting happen while on the job.
4) Work on my blog and work on my writing. Both serve (sort of) the same ends and both will help me out in the long run.
5) On top of all of that, I have to spend more time with my wife and child. And it has to be more quality time then just quantity. I’ve been trying to do that this month, but I’m not sure that I’ve been giving them everything they deserve. I might never be able to actually do that, but I can at least try.
Oh, and just for the hell of it…
6) I have to get my butt down to the Carolinas and die at the bloody hands (and teeth) of a zombie.
So… What’s everyone else looking to do?